What’s on your Super Bowl menu? Chips, dips, soda and other high calorie favorites usually go hand-in-hand with the big game. According to modernmom.com, football fans can consume an entire day’s worth of calories during the game. This year prepare healthier versions of your favorite snacks, so you don’t wake up Monday with heartburn and possibly a few unwanted pounds.
Try a few of these tips so you’ll be a winner, regardless of which team comes out on top.
- Choose water instead of soda and other high-calorie beverages to avoid belly bloat and empty calories.
- Serve a fruit platter or fresh veggies with vanilla yogurt instead of fattening cookies.
- Order a veggie, meatless pizza.
- Snack on nuts. The magnesium can boost metabolism.
- Keep food in the kitchen and not in the living room to cut down on grazing during the game.
- Use smaller bowls for chips and salsa.
Send us your health and nutrition questions, and our team of dietitians will answer them in an upcoming blog. Check here each month for more tips and answers to your questions.